- Can I upgrade to Mojave before MailSuite is released? How will this affect upgrading to MailSuite when it is available?
- Yes. If you need to upgrade to Mojave before we release, Mail will automatically remove our plugins. This will not have an effect on updating to MailSuite when it is available. All settings and data will be preserved and be imported into the upgrade product.
- Do I need to install all four components even if they currently only use one or two?
- No. With MailSuite, you have access to all components, but you can enable or disable specific components according to your needs.
- Can I use MailSuite without the Tag Syncing service?
Yes. The Tag syncing server is optional. You will only need to create a syncing profile if you need to sync tags across more than one computer.
- Can I continue to sync tags using the old method of updating messages on IMAP servers?
- No. Tag data is now being stored in the new format that makes the old method not possible.
- If I use an old version of MailTags on one computer and the new Tag Syncing service on another computer will the tags sync?
- No. The format from the older version of MailTags is not compatible with the format in MailSuite. MailSuite can be installed on any computer running macOS 10.11 or later.
- Will I be able to see my tagged messages when I am offline?
- Yes. MailTags will continue to store tagging information locally on your device. If you are registered for syncing services, tags will sync when you go online.
- The syncing server will only be necessary if you want to have the same tag data on multiple devices.
- If I stop using the Tag Syncing server will I lose my tags on messages?
- No. You will still have the local storage of your tags, only the syncing of tags will be stopped. If you stop using the tagging service, you will not have the same tags on each of your computers.
- Can we host our own syncing service?
- No, not for now. However, we are planning to provide the option to host your own server.
- Is tag information stored on your servers secure and private?
- Yes. Tag information is end-to-end encrypted. This means that data is encrypted before it is sent to our server and can only be decrypted on your other devices using the same profile. SmallCubed does not have access to the keys that are used to encrypt/decrypt the data.
If you want more information about this, consult our security document (https://smallcubed.com/support/scs/privacy.html).
- Is this a paid upgrade?
- Yes. The SmallCubed MailSuite for Mojave is a paid upgrade — the first we have done in a couple of years.
- Customers who purchased or upgraded any of the 4 core products on or after Sept 25, 2017 (the release date of High Sierra) receive a free upgrade to the SmallCubed MailSuite once it is released this fall.
- Customers who last purchased any of our products before Sept 25, 2017, are invited to upgrade to the full SmallCubed MailSuite for USD 30.
- Now that you are providing a Tag Syncing Service, are you moving to a subscription model?
- No. If you purchase this upgrade of MailSuite for Mojave and continue to work on Mojave indefinitely, you will not have to pay for continued access to the syncing server.
If you have any questions, please contact us by creating a support ticket.